Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Joys and Pains of Growing a Baby!

My pregnancy with Coen was pretty much textbook. We went in for our regular checkups and had no surprises. Then came the appointment where we got to hear Coen's heart beat. It was such a great experience. I don't know if it was the music major in me, but i leaned over and told Aaron that his heart beat reminded me of a song, on the way home we heard " Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy" by Big and Rich and I looked and Aaro nand said "That's the heart beat!" so that became Coen's song. Aaron had a bit of a scare too at that appointment. We were listening to the heart beat and our GP said " HEre is heart beat number 1..." and here is heart beat number 2!" My poor husband went white in the face. my first thought was why is that baby's heart so slow! Then our GP laughed and said " It's your wife's heartbeat!" Colour came back to Aaron's face and I think he finally took his first big breath. It was quite humorous.

It had been a great pregnancy until I had the craziest pain ever. We went into the ER, and was told that they would have to take my blood (I do not do well with needles or blood). When they came back they told me that they would have to do a blood gas which meant they had to take blood from my wrist. not pleasant. finally three hours later we were told they would have to do a heart test. They still had not told me anything about what was going on. My dear husband was getting quite frusterated as well. Finally the doctor that night came in and told me that they were going to have to do some tests that could potentially harm my baby. I was so worried about what to do. He said to go home and sleep on it, and that he would talk to someo ther doctors and get some ideas. We got a phone call at home 4 hours later ( 8 am) and was told to come to the ER. I went in and the new doctor that had looked into my case laughed and simply said I had gallstones. Such a relief! Just avoid nasty food and I would be fine! However that was right around Thanksgiving. Aaron was fantastic and made sure that everyone made a special Thanksgiving supper for me so I didn't get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment