Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Our great biking adventure!

I know that I just wrote in here, but I just HAD to share this experience and to tell it on facebook status just would not suffice. So... today is Tuesday which means I am watching my niece. I was so tired for some reason, and could not keep my eyes open, so I packed up the kiddies and went for a walk. It seemed harmless enough and the sun was shining. So I got my niece all packed up, and got Coen all bundled and grabbed his trike. We had decided that we would try using his plastic buzz lightyear one, since we had already taken his high tech john deere one for a spin a while ago. So he took one look back and sped off...only to try to drift (like he does in the house on the floor) and found concrete to not be so forgiving. He fell over and told me " Mama, no more bike. No No Bike." So we held hands and went for a walk. We got to the end of the little park by our house when I told Coen it was time to turn around. "No mama, this way, this way." "No Coen, we need to go home everyone is getting cold." "NO mama! Coen turn! Coen go this way! Okay bye bye mama" and he proceeded to walk to towards the swimming pool. not cool. So I scooped him up over my shoulder and carried him a couple of steps while steering one handed. I put him down once we were far enough from the road to be able to reason with him without being nervous if he took off, and we talked it out. It ended up with my two year old screaming while I took some steps away, but eventually I can say I won. We got home, and he saw his bike on the corner. Needless to say, I caved with the fact that he actually did follow me home, and we went for another round. THis time with coen putting along on his bike. He did so well! No major wipeouts. It was so much fun. Then we got to the famous turn around point. The same argument ensued, and soon I had not only my two year old (Who might I add is in 4T clothing) over my shoulder and pushing my niece in my piece of crap stroller, but now I had a trike over top the canopy. Man it must have been a sight. I'm sure all the neighbors were clamouring to the windows to get a glimpse of the psycho lady who not only didn't learn her lesson the first time, but brought a trike the second time! But this time Coen didn't give in so easy. So I ended up carrying on my three ring act through the park. We finally got the sidewalk on our block, and Coen decided he wanted to ride his bike. Awesome. I'm so glad that after packing you two-three blocks, you decided to putt your way to the finish line. But putt he did, and I'll be honest I praised him the whole way home. Ridiculous I know. Why I would praise him after the fiasco I had just left behind me is beyond me. But seriously, he was so dang cute moving that bike with all his might. So he came home thinking he had done an absolutely fantastic job, and that his job had earned him the privilege of making cookies with mommy, which he took the flour cup and dumped on the floor. Man the life of being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment